How to Connect Alexa to WiFi: Amazon’s Alexa controlled Echo speaker is now in the second generation with a variety of versions available to choose. This is one of the best options if you would like to expand music because it has a lot of features such as smart home and digital assistant abilities. Despite the fact that it is the first wireless speaker but it has got many features and power. You can play music through voice command, browse the web, create your to-do shopping lists, get instant weather reports, shop online and control many popular of smart home products with your smartphone in your pocket.
Alexa setup app
To do this your Alexa device needs to be connected to wifi. In this article, I will guide you through the steps of setting your device to get connected on wifi.
How to connect alexa to wifi without app?
Make sure to do the following before you start setting your device:
- You have to plug your Alexa controlled Amazon Echo into a power outlet.
- Then open the Alexa app.
Alexa controlled Amazon Echo connects to dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz) networks which use the 802.11a / b / g / n standard. Alexa controlled Amazon Echo does not connect to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) networks.
- Within the Alexa app, open the left navigation panel and then select Settings.
Youtube how to connect alexa to wifi?
Now select your device and then select Update Wi-Fi. If you need to add a new device to your account, select Set up a new device instead.
- On your Alexa controlled Amazon Echo, press and hold the Action button until the light ring changes to orange. Your mobile device will then get connected to your Amazon Echo device. A list of all available Wi-Fi networks will display in the app.
Connect echo dot to wifi
The Alexa app may ask you to manually connect your device to your Alexa controlled Amazon Echo device through your Wi-Fi settings.
- Now you should select your Wi-Fi network and enter the network password (if required). If you don’t see your Wi-Fi network, then scroll down and select Add a Network (for hidden networks) or Rescan.
- MAC address: If you need to add your Alexa controlled Amazon Echo device to your router’s list of approved devices, scroll down on this screen until you see the MAC address.
- Optional – Save your Wi-Fi password to Amazon: Any Wi-Fi passwords saved during setup automatically appear when you connect a new Alexa controlled Amazon Echo device to the same Wi-Fi network. The password will also be remembered even if you switch between saved Wi-Fi networks.
- Optional – Connect to a public network: Enter all the required information if you are connecting to a public network that requires a web browser in order to sign in, like a school or hospital. The information could be a pre-shared password, office number, or just a button to accept conditions for using the network. This information will never be saved to Amazon. Contact the network owner for more information.
- Then select Connect. After your Alexa controlled Amazon Echo device connects to your Wi-Fi network, a confirmation message appears in the app. You’re now ready to use Alexa.