How to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi: You may need to connect your Canon printer to Wi-Fi network in order to do the printing. This guide will guide you through one of the two methods that you can use to do that depending on the type of Access point that you have.
How to connect canon mg3620 printer to wifi?
Before connecting your Canon printer to the wireless network, there are some conditions that have to be made in order to use the WPS push button method:
How to connect canon printer to wifi mg2950?
The access point must have a physical Wi-Fi Protected Setup push button available. You may check with your device’s user guide for information. If the Wi-Fi Protected Setup push button is not available please use the instructions on the Standard Connection Method tab.
- Your network should be using the WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 security protocol. Often most Wi-Fi Protected Setup enabled access points to use this protocol.
Press the Setup button labeled B on the printer.
- Use the arrow buttons labeled C to select Device settings and press the OK button.
- Use the arrow buttons labeled C to select Wireless LAN setup and press the OK button.
- The printer will now automatically search for access points supporting the Wi-Fi Protected Setup feature.
- The following message will pop up on the printer’s screen “Press Wi-Fi Protected Setup button” of the wireless router about 5 sec. and then press OK on this printer”
How to connect canon mx490 printer to wifi?
Press and hold the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button on your access point for approximately 5 seconds, then release.
For exact instructions on starting Wi-Fi Protected Setup on your access point, please refer to its user guide.
- You have to press the OK button on the printer within 2 minutes. Once connected, the following screen will appear. Press the OK button to complete the setup.
- In any case, if another screen pops up, please refer to “troubleshooting” in the user guide.
- In order to confirm that your printer has successfully connected to your wireless network, you can try to print out the network settings of your printer if you wish:
- Make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.
- Press the Setup button B on the printer.
- Use the arrow button C to select Device settings and press the OK button.
- Use the arrow button C to select LAN settings and press the OK button.
- Use the arrow button (C) to select Print LAN details and press the OK button.
- The network information page will be printed.
- When referring to the printout, you might have to check that the “Connection indicates
- Active and that the SSID -Service Set Identifier (or the name of your wireless network) indicates the correct name of your wireless network.
How to connect canon mg3600 printer to wifi?
This concludes the Wi-Fi Protected Setup procedure.
You can now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your Canon printer.
If you followed these sets correctly now your computer should be connected to your Wi-Fi network and you are ready to use it.