How to Connect iMessage to Mac: There are a variety of options available but iMessage will remain the top communication app when it comes to people using the Apple gadgets. It has many features and it is among the most secure applications. If you have switched to using your computer with macOS, you are likely to need setting up your Mac to start enjoying the free conversations with your friends and family.
Getting started with the iMessages app from your macOS is just simple and straightforward. You just have to sign up and choose the email ID and the phone number that you would want to use. Let us go through the steps of setting up iMessage on your macOS:
How to add phone number to iMessage on mac?
How to Set Up and Run iMessage on MacOS
- Launch the Messages app on your Mac then sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- If you had enabled the two-step or two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, make sure that you enter the verification code.
- Now, select on Messages in the Menu bar and select Preferences.
- Next, click Accounts tab and choose the phone number as well as the email addresses you want to use.
- Once you have signed in, then you can start chatting with your friends.
How do you add a phone number to iMessage on mac?
How to Start a New Conversation in Messages App on Mac
- Open Messages app on your Mac computer.
- Then, type in the message in the field at the bottom of the window.
- If you want to include an emoji, click on the emoji button and then select an emoji. In case you need to include an image or another file, just drag or paste the file into the message field.
- If you want to add audio recording just click the microphone button and then record your voice message.
- Once you are done, press the return button to send the message.
iMessage inactive on mac
If you are running the macOS Sierra, you are able to add the Tapback to your message. This is a quick way that allows you to respond to your feedback. To set it up you have to follow the following steps:
- Open Messages app and then open a conversation.
- Now, you will have to control-click a message bubble so as to open a shortcut menu and select Tapback from the menu.
- Then, choose Tapback to add it to the message bubble.
iMessage on mac not working
After setting it up it will be visible to everyone within the conversation who is using iMessage on a computer running macOS Sierra or iDevice running iOS10 and above.
Sometimes you might not be in the mood to be disturbed by notifications coming from a particular conversion. This is how you can turn off DND for any specific chat.
- Open Messages app on your MacOS and scroll to the conversation in question.
- Then click on Details at the top right corner and then check the box for Do Not Disturb.
After doing this you will not be disturbed by notifications from that particular conversation until when you uncheck the DND option from the conversation.