How to Connect Laptop to TV: There are situations when you want to play Medias that are in your LAPTOP direct on your TV. In this guide, we will look at some of the methods that you can use to connect your LAPTOP to a TV.
How to connect laptop to tv wirelessly?
Connecting With a Cable
This is the most reliable and direct way to get your LAPTOP and TV connected. It is simple and straightforward. This method works through a wired cable and the end result is high-quality pictures and sound. All you need is a physical HDMI cable plug one end to your LAPTOP HDMI port and the other end into the TV HDMI port of your TV. Then use our TV remote control to select the HDMI port as the source and you are good to go. You can run up to a 50 feet long HDMI cable before you start losing the quality of the signal.
- Pros: Best picture quality with high resolution and input lag. It is the most reliable method and easy to set up quickly.
- Cons: It might prove to be hard to run physical wires across rooms or long distances.
How to connect laptop to tv without hdmi?
Hook Up Wirelessly
If you do not want to use a physical cable to connect your LAPTOP with your TV then you can use a wireless HDMI extender. This will send HDMI data wirelessly between a transmitter and a receiver enabling you to connect your LAPTOP to a small box using a short HDMI cable and your TV is also connected to another small box using a short HDMI cable. These two paired extenders the connection works like the HDMI cable. Often these have a better of up to 100 feet.
- Pros: The method has longer ranges, easy and straightforward set up just like the HDMI cable.
- Cons: This does not support 4K and has too much lag when playing video games.
How to connect laptop to tv without cable?
In Windows 10 and 8.1 just go to the notification button in the system tray, click to expand the tray and the menu that pops up, and click connect. This will enable you to mirror your screen directly to your Smart TV. If your TV does not support Miracast you can buy and plug in the Miracast dedicated receiver. This is more economical than using the HDMI extender.
- Pros: It is supported by Windows 8.1 and 10 by default and many smart TV has the inbuilt capabilities of supporting Miracast.
- Cons: It does not support 4K and too much lag when playing video games.
How to connect laptop to tv using vga cable?
This is an easy way of sending streaming movies and TV shows from your laptop to your TV wirelessly. You just have to plug it in the back of your TV and connect it to your home wireless network. After that, you will be able to stream any Chrome tab from your notebook just by a click of the button.
- Pros: It is very cheap and it supports 4k.
- Cons: Integration with LAPTOP is limited compared with Android and ChromeOS devices.
This is the best option if you want to stream a large media library from your computer to your TV. It can catalog all your video and audio files and then stream them to any device running Plex app including your TV.
- Pros: It supports Robust media format and services. You can also access your files when you are outside of your home.
- Cons: It does not support 4K and does not support gaming.